Join us as we visit Hong Kong in this travel guide exploring the best 25 things to do in Hong Kong in terms of top attractions, museums worth visiting and restaurants serving up tasty food.
Our travels in Hong Kong take us to Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and Lantau Island seeking out green escapes, temples, gardens and monasteries. Some of the top highlights include nightlife in Lan Kwai Fong, a Symphony of Lights show, viewing Hong Kong from high atop Victoria Peak and eating copious amounts of Dim Sum.
From futuristic to traditional and from hectic to serene Hong Kong will surely leave a lifelong impression upon you as a visitor.
25 Things to do in Hong Kong City Guide for Foodies:
1) The Peak Tram funicular to Victoria Peak (山頂纜車) - 00:37
2) Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island for city views (太平山 - 扯旗山) - 00:45
3) Victoria Harbour sunset views (維多利亞港) - 01:24
4) A Symphony of Lights light and sound show in Hong Kong (幻彩詠香江) - 01:35
5) Nan Lian Garden in Diamond Hill, Kowloon, Hong Kong (南蓮園池) - 02:00
6) Chi Lin Nunnery Buddhist temple in Diamond Hill, Kowloon, Hong Kong (志蓮淨苑) - 02:45
7) Dim Sum in Hong Kong at Tim Ho Wan (點心 - 点心) (添好運) - 03:01
8) Noonday Gun fired every day at noon (午炮) - 06:07
9) Hong Kong Tramways double-decker tram ride in Hong Kong (香港電車) - 08:08
10) Cat Street Antiques Market (貓街) - 08:30
11) Shopping in Hong Kong along Causeway Bay (銅鑼灣) - 09:20
12) Free views of Hong Kong at the Central Plaza on 46th floor of the sky lobby (中環廣場) - 09:32
13) Central–Mid-Levels escalator and walkway system in Hong Kong (中環至半山自動扶梯) - 10:15
14) Man Mo Temple or Man Mo Miu (文武廟) - 10:36
15) Nightlife in Hong at Lan Kwai Fong (蘭桂坊) - 11:15
16) Ngong Ping 360 cable car on Lantau Island in Hong Kong (昂坪360) - 12:20
17) Po Lin Monastery on Ngong Ping Plateau (寶蓮禪寺) - 12:32
18) Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha) bronze statue (天壇大佛) - 12:35
19) Star Ferry passenger service (天星小輪) - 12:55
20) Hong Kong Museum of History in Tsim Sha Tsui (香港歷史博物館) - 13:34
21) Hong Kong Park and Aviary (香港公園) - 13:46
22) Kowloon Park in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong (九龍公園) - 14:48
23) High afternoon tea in Hong Kong at Lion Rock in the Royal Plaza Hotel - 14:58
24) Temple Street Night Market (庙街 - 廟街) - 18:44
25) Mass Transit Railway (MTR) subway system in Hong Kong (港鐵) - 19:09
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Hong Kong travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best restaurants and street food), top museums and Hong Kong at night and by day. We also cover off-the-beaten-path activities you won't find in a typical Hong Kong tourism brochure or Hong Kong city tour.
25 Things to do in Hong Kong Travel Guide Transcript:
Today we’re taking you on a tour of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities: Hong Kong (香港)! Yes, this is a city of modern skyscrapers and futuristic architecture, but if you scratch beneath the surface and spend a little time here, you’ll discover pockets of tranquility in the form of incense-filled temples and bonsai gardens, a delicious foodie scene that features budget friendly Michelin-stared restaurants, mountainous islands that are an easy day trip away, antique markets full of treasure, and a dazzling skyline you won’t soon forget. Without further ado, let us show you 25 things to do in Hong Kong.
And that’s a wrap for Hong Kong (香港). We hope that you enjoyed this travel guide and that it gave you a few ideas of things to do and places to visit on your own trip. We know we only covered a small fraction of everything Hong Kong (香港) has to offer, so if you have any other suggestions of things travellers should experience, feel free to share those in the comments below. Wishing you happy travels and until next time!
This is part of our Travel in Hong Kong video series showcasing Hong Kong food, Hong Kong culture and Hong Kong cuisine.
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network