Chhatu Besara / Mushrooms in mustard & poppy seeds Curry. Mushroom cooked in spicy and aromatic mustard paste. Chatu besara is a an authentic Odiya dish that is relished in almost every Odiya household. There are time when food that you eat seems monotonous.
Vegan Oriya Chatu Besara-Indian Regional Food Recipe Series This is my favorite mushroom curry though it's traditionally cooked with locally grown. Try this awesome mushroom curry in mustard sauce. Chingudi Besara Prawns cooked in mustard sauce is a delicious and healthy dish. You work heating reduce Chhatu Besara / Mushrooms in mustard & poppy seeds Curry adopting 14 instructions including 12 along with. Here you go score.
instructions of Chhatu Besara / Mushrooms in mustard & poppy seeds Curry
- It's 400 gms of mushrooms.
- It's 1 of potato.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's To taste of Salt.
- It's As needed of Coriander leaves.
- It's of Ingredients for mustard,poppy seeds paste-.
- It's 1 of & 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of poppy seeds.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chillies.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
Heat a pan add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, poppy seeds, dry roast altogether. Take a blender in this add garlic, green chilly and add the dry roast ingredients, make a paste. Add cream, parsley, mustard and lemon juice. Mushroom Mustard Curry/Chatu Besara is a traditional dish made predominantly in the region of Odisha.
Chhatu Besara / Mushrooms in mustard & poppy seeds Curry procedure
- To begin making the Chhatu besara recipe first clean the mushrooms thoroughly under running water.Soak them in turmeric powder for 10 mints.Then cut them into small pieces..
- Peel the potato & chop it into small pieces.Keep it in a bowl of water until it is needed..
- Next prepare the mustard, poppy seeds paste.Place all the ingredients listed under for this paste with little water..
- Now to begin making the curry add about oil into a kadai.First add the potatoes,sprinkle some salt & saute until they are almost cooked.Transfer them into a bowl..
- In the same kadai add the chopped onions, chopped tomatoes,toss them for a mint & then add the chopped mushrooms..
- Saute them in high heat for 5 to 6 mints,until the mushrooms are half cooked..
- Add the roasted potatoes, turmeric powder & toss together for another few mints..
- To this add the prepared mustard,poppy seeds paste,mix well & saute for 2-3 mints..
- Add salt & required amount of water to the gravy.Allow the curry to come to a boil..
- Simmer the Oriya chhatu besara on low to medium flame for about 5 mints until the masalas get well absorbed by the vegetables..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves..
- Serve hot with steamed rice or phulkas..
Mushroom cooked in a very simple way with Mustard paste. In this recipe mushrooms are cooked in mustard paste. Heat the pan and add oil. Add mushrooms and fry till golden brown. Take out and keep… Its basically a recipe of Orissa,India.