Cabbage wrapped meatballs. Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose meatball. Pour remaining tomato sauce over cabbage rolls.
Put one meatball in each leave and cover completely. Heat oil, fry onions and garlic till opaque. Add stock, carrots, celery, leeks, potatoes, parsley, pepper & salt. You operate stewing sizzle Cabbage wrapped meatballs adopting 16 method and 8 also. Here is how you do.
technique of Cabbage wrapped meatballs
- It's 5 of large cabbage leaves.
- You need 1 of small egg.
- It's 30 ml of milk.
- It's 70 g of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 100 g of streaky bacon chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice cooked.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small green pepper chopped.
- It's 300 g of ground beef.
- It's 300 g of ground pork.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 0.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bbq spice.
- You need 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 can of cream of tomato soup.
Place cabbage in a large saucepan; add tomato juice. Cover and simmer over low heat. Meanwhile, combine the egg, onion, chili powder, vinegar, pickle, salt and pepper. Garnish with deep-fried sage leaves, if desired, to serve.
Cabbage wrapped meatballs technique
- Preheat oven to 190°C..
- Pre boil water in a large pot. Add the cabbage leaves and cook for 6 minutes. Strain and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the egg, milk and breadcrumbs..
- Now add the rest of the ingredients (excluding the cabbage and tomato soup), only add a quarter of the tomato soup and mix well..
- Divide the mixture into five equal parts. Make long meatballs..
- Pour a quarter of the tomato soup into a greased oven dish..
- Place 1 meatball on a cabbage leaf. Fold in sides then roll up completely to enclose the meat (like a burrito). Place in the oven dish. Do the same with the rest of the meatballs..
- Cook for 1 hour in preheated oven. Serve it with a little of the sauce poured over..
A cabbage roll is a dish consisting of cooked cabbage leaves wrapped around a variety of fillings. It is common to the cuisines of the Balkans, Central, Northern, and Eastern Europe, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Iran, as well as West Asia and Northern China,Egypt. Stuffed cabbage, also know as cabbage rolls, is a delicious, classic Eastern European dish, but it takes nearly all day to make. Cut some corners and try something a little different by turning the filling into meatballs and stewing the cabbage directly in the savory tomato sauce. Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Meatballs taste just like a cabbage roll in meatball form!